Friday, November 28, 2008

Thanksgiving!!!!

Thanksgiving is one of my favorite holidays and this year was a great one! We had Thanksgiving dinner at my parents house in Santaquin with my parents, my brother and his family, and us. We had a WONDERFUL meal and then watched a movie and had fun visiting while the kids played games together. All in all it was a very relaxing day, what more could we ask for.

Shaylie and McKinley have been helping more and more in the kitchen now that they are getting a little older, which is fun, but also more work. This year while we were deciding who would make what for Thanksgiving my girls decided that they wanted to make something by themselves to add to the menu. I agreed and figured out a dessert that they could make ALL by themselves that wouldn't take a whole lot of time or effort, but would still let them feel as though they were contributing. We decided on a Strawberry Banana pie! The girls cut up the banana's, mixed the strawberries and bananas together and poured it into the pie shell. It turned out great and they had a lot of fun doing it. Here are some pictures of them making their masterpiece!

Cutting up the bananas!



















Mixing it all together!

















The finished product!

1 comments:

C. Houghton said...

Looks delicious - tell your girls I want them to make me a pie just like that ;) ;)