Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Shaylie's Baptism

On Saturday, November 1, 2008 Shaylie was baptized by my dad. Shaylie decided all on her own that she wanted to be baptized, so, we went ahead and got everything going for her. She was thrilled to have her grandpa be the one to baptize her and could not stop smiling the entire day (maybe it was the sugar from trick-or-treating the night before, who knows LOL). I am proud of Shaylie for making her own choice and following through with it. I only hope that she will continue to be proactive in her life and she continues to grow. Shaylie is a very bright, loving, funny, imaginative little girl and I cannot imagine my life without her! Sometimes it's hard to believe that she is 8 years old already, it seems like it was not that long ago that the doctor handed me my 8 lb. baby girl. Thanks to everyone that was able to come and support Shaylie on her special day.

Shaylie with her grandpa Messick!

Our little familiy.

Group picture with everyone there!

5 comments:

cassie said...

what a sweetheart. i love when kids make choices on their own, you have a very amazing little girl on your hands!! Congrats Shaylie!!!!!

C. Houghton said...

I'm proud of Shaylie for making such a grown up decision. She's very smart, bright & adorable at that! All the pictures are great! ♥ I'm glad that you took them to share with everyone.

Jessica said...

Congratulations Shaylie!

T + 2 said...

Congrats Shaylie!

LaRee said...

Congrats Shaylie!
Nicole,
Tell your Dad (Uncle Brian my favorite uncle on the merrell's side)! hello from me! Hope you guys all had a great Thanksgiving!
LaRee