Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Fun in the sun!

So yesterday was absolutely BEAUTIFUL outside and since it has been so stinking cold lately I decided to take full advantage of the warm weather. I did a little exercising outside in the morning and after McKinley was home from school and fed we walked to the park and played for around an hour and then walked back home. It was great! After Shaylie got home from school the girls rode their bikes outside until it was time to go to Shaylie's MMA class. All in all it was a GREAT morning and afternoon! I did however overlook one tiny little detail...........................when you are as albino as I am you have to wear sunscreen or risk looking like a lobster within a very short amount of time. As you can tell I overlooked the sunscreen and managed to get a lovely sunburn!
The picture doesn't really do justice to how dark red the burn actually is..........it almost looks purple in spots. Oh well, live and learn right.

Here are some pictures of summers past of the girls enjoying the warm weather and outdoor fun!

Shaylie sporting her "gases" at age 1!

McKinley hanging out in the wading pool at age 1!

Marc and the girls near Escalante, UT in September 2005!

Here's hoping the weather stays warm and that I remember to wear sunscreen!

3 comments:

Mike and Lillian Montoya said...

Glad you guys were able to enjoy the sunshine, cause its gone away! :( I hate this time of the year, so eager to have it nice and warm and all it does is rain and snow.. Good thing time goes by so fast, so before we know it Summer will be here. Love the photos, so fun to see the girls at one years old. How cute

C. Houghton said...

Love all the fun pictures. The girls are so adorable

Elizabeth said...

I got sunburned the same place this past monday! I had the same thoughts...better enjoy the warm weather before the snow we had on Thursday...I enjoyed it a little too much and then paid for it for a few days:)