Wednesday, February 13, 2008

What a good big sister!

So this week I have been a single mom as Marc has been away on a business trip and won't be back until late Saturday evening (I'm quite jealous of where he got to go too!). The girls and I have been doing the usual things that dictate our routine for each week, such as jiu jitsu, preschool, school, homework, etc..... and but for a few instances it has been a great couple of days and everything has gone smoothly. Well tonight it snowed quite a bit and I wanted to get most of it shoveled off of the driveway and sidewalks so that it didn't have a chance to freeze making my job even more fun in the morning before taking Shaylie to school. So I go outside and do my little thing and when I come back in I find Shaylie and McKinley have done EVERYTHING I asked them to do before going outside. The girls had cleaned up all the toys, gotten their pj's on, put their dirty clothes in their hamper, straightened up the living room, playroom, and bedroom, and brushed their teeth (I know that sounds like a lot, but if you were here to see it there really wasn't that much to do, mostly straightening.). After completing all of these tasks Shaylie took it upon herself to have McKinley pick out the book of her choice, sit down on the couch and read it to her! Can I just say how AWESOME it is to come in and find that they did what I asked and that they were getting along so well!!!! I may not be the perfect mom, my kids may not be the perfect kids, and sometimes I'd like to pull my hair out but then there are moments like this that make all the bad days worth it! Not to get all sappy, but when I see my two beautiful girls acting so great and doing what they know they should and then going the extra mile with each other it really makes me feel absolutely blessed to have them in my life. I try my hardest to be a good mom and teach them the things I know I need to, but there are those days that I feel like an absolute failure (if you're a parent I'm sure you know what I'm talking about), but then my girls turn around and reward me with stuff like this. I know it was nothing huge and extravagant but it doesn't have to be to make me feel great! Well now that I've bored you to death with my rambling here's a picture of my girls tonight reading on the couch.

If you look close the book they're reading is Mermaid Dora, so you know that Shaylie let McKinley pick it out! I love these girls so much!!!!



3 comments:

C. Houghton said...

Very cute blog & I'm glad I am not the only one that wants to pull my hair out at times :) You're a great mom & your girls are awesome!

Mike and Lillian Montoya said...

That is so cute! I love that feeling you get when you see your kids doing something that makes you smile. Your girls are so cute. I love the pics of them. Got to love it when they listen! HA! Smiles

LaRee said...

What cute girls that's, so neat they get along so well! I know what you mean about them doing what you asked them to do! It sure does make life happy and makes you feel like they are actually learning from you! you are a great Mom!