Tuesday, September 2, 2008

8 ............ already?!

You read right...........Shaylie is now 8 years old! I can not believe that 8 years ago we were waiting to see what our baby girl would look like, how big she would be, etc..... Shaylie came into this world as a beautiful 8 lb. 20" baby girl with dark brown hair............she is now a BEAUTIFUL 8 year old young lady! Shaylie is in 2nd grade and loving it! She is an EXCELLENT reader, loves math and spelling, as well as sports! Shaylie is no longer doing jiu jitsu (unless you count playing with daddy at home), instead she is playing soccer in the city league here in Springville. Shaylie is bright, funny, sensitive, caring, a quick learner, a good student, and a good big sister and friend. I can't say enough about my "baby" girl, I love her so much and can't imagine my life without her!

Since Shaylie's birthday fell on Tuesday this year we just celebrated with her at home on her birthday and are doing her party this weekend. I'm sure there will be even more pictures after the party!

Here are a few pictures from a "photo shoot" I did with Shaylie for her birthday invitations (I love my camera!)...........enjoy!

Even though this last one is not of just Shaylie I thought it was too cute to not share. This is Shaylie and McKinley with their BEST FRIENDS, Taylor and Rylee! Cute kiddos and great friends!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, it can't be 8 years since we heard her first cry! And I haven't played with her nearly enough for it to be 8 years. She's an awesome grandbaby!

C. Houghton said...

I can't believe she is 8 years old! How amazing that time flies by so fast.
Hope she has a great b-day party!

LaRee said...

8 yrs already! Nicole we are getting old! I remember when we were 8. Time sure does fly. We need to get together more often.
LaRee

The Lowder Family said...

WOW, That is making me feel really old to realize that I could have an 8 year old by now...no pun intended.....I am a very late bloomer I guess. I am amazed to see how much your girls look like you!!!

Mike and Lillian Montoya said...

Hey Nicole! When are you going to update your blog with whats been going on? I love the pics of your girls. How are they enjoying school and what are they going to be for Halloween?