Wednesday, August 20, 2008

2nd Grade........YEAH BABY!!!!

I can not believe that today is Shaylie's first day of 2nd grade! The summer went by WAY too fast and before I knew it we were school shopping. This year is especially hard for me because I'm not only taking Shaylie to 2nd grade, but I will also be taking McKinley to Kindergarten this year! Shaylie was soooo excited to go to school today she woke up on her own and couldn't wait to get ready. Shaylie had some great friends in her 1st grade class last year and her two best friends are in her class again this year which makes the first day even more exciting!

I decided that since it was the first day of school for Shaylie that I would make something she loves for breakfast so I made cinnamon rolls as a little treat for her special day. After getting ready for school Shaylie, McKinley and I loaded into the car and headed for the school. Shaylie was excited and talked the whole way about how she couldn't wait to see her friends and her new teacher that she already loves (we met her yesterday at the open house). We walked Shaylie in and it was like she had been going for months already, she walked right in like it was nothing and started their morning routine like she'd done it a thousand times. I was a little choked up and sad that we wouldn't be hanging out like we have been but she was totally fine! (Dang kids, shouldn't they need "mommy" more than that,LOL.) Shaylie allowed me to take a picture with her and her teacher but then I could tell it was time for me to leave.

I'm glad Shaylie is so independent and ready to be there, I just wish I was as ready for her to grow up as fast as she is. I know it's cliche to say, but kids really do grow up to fast! I can't wait to pick her up later today and hear all the stories of how GREAT her first day was!

Shaylie with her new Hannah Montana backpack and the dress she wanted to wear for her first day!
Shaylie with her new teacher, Miss Van Natter!

McKinley starts Kindergarten next week so check back for an update with pictures from her first day!

7 comments:

Kjirs said...

Shaylie is so darn cute!!!! That is exciting that she started 2nd grade. You are right, they are growing up WAY too fast!

Shauna said...

Shaylie looks so big!!! I can't believe she is going to 2nd grade this year, last time I saw you she just finished Kindergarten.
She looks adorable and I hope she had a good day!

Mike and Lillian Montoya said...

That is crazy to think your girls are in school. I cant imagine Mikey going to school...eek! Im sure its hard to see them grow up, but also so much fun!

C. Houghton said...

I can't believe that Shaylie is so big! I remember when she was in pre-school!!!

Jessica said...

You have a second grader. That is crazy. Doesn't high school seem like it wasn't that long ago (well sometimes)? Cute,cute girls. And the elaborate hair dos, amazing.

Unknown said...

SHAYLIE IS SO CUTE! I LOVE HER SKIRT! I HOPE YOU ARE WELL NEXT SUMMER WE NEED TO GET TOGETHER! TELL YOUR PARENTS HELLO!

Unknown said...

THAT LAST COMMENT WAS FORM ME LAREE!