Wednesday, September 19, 2007

McKinley is in PRESCHOOL!

So I consider myself a pretty big slacker of a mom................she actually started preschool on September 5 and I'm just barely getting around to posting the blog about it. Oh well, what she doesn't know won't hurt her right? Anyways, so far she is loving school! On the first day she was soooooo excited to get ready for school and couldn't wait to get there (we went the week before and met her teachers and saw the whole school). When we got there she was still thrilled, but when Marc and I turned to leave she got tears in her eyes (which didn't make it any easier for me to leave my BABY at school) and then ran into the back room. We went ahead and left knowing that she would be fine in about 2 minutes, plus we both had our cell phones with us "just in case". I have to say that I'm proud of myself because I did not lose it and bawl like a baby after dropping her off, I merely had watery eyes and didn't talk for a bit because I knew I'd cry if I did. McKinley's preschool goes from 11:30 - 1:30pm and I have to say that those were the LONGEST 2 hours you can imagine. Finally I got to go pick her up and she was EXSTATIC about everything they did that day! She loves her teachers, the animals at her school (Myrtle the turtle, two hampsters, and a goldfish), she loves the other kids and of course all the fun toys that they get to play with during "recess". Here are a few pics that I took that day...........ENJOY!

McKinley in her "First Day of Preschool" outfit!













The coolest 1st grader and preschooler you'll EVER meet!














Finding the apple shaped name tag with her name on it (and a pretty cute hair style too)!










Ready to learn!














McKinley with her teachers, Shelly and Amanda!

2 comments:

THE HUMES FAMILY said...

She is so cute and she is getting so big. It is hard to leave kids on the first day. I feel ya.

Mike and Lillian Montoya said...

She seems to be having a great time, even on the first day! Thats exciting for her though, I know she has been waiting for her day in school. Hopefully she is still enjoying it! Smiles